Creative Bay of Plenty's purpose is to create an environment where arts and culture thrive.
We do this by...
- managing the Creative Communities Scheme on behalf of Creative New Zealand for Tauranga and the Western Bay of Plenty
- facilitating projects and linking arts and culture groups and individuals to help the arts thrive on our region
- providing mentoring opportunities for our creative community
- promoting arts and culture activities and events to the community
- advocating on behalf of the sector to local and central government
We aim to be the ‘go-to’ organisation for anything to do with arts and culture – advice, information and advocacy and for the arts and culture sector to achieve their own aspirations, leveraging support as needed.